InnuOS 2.0 does not offer Spotify integration. However, innuOS incorporates the Logitech Media Server (LMS) which does allow to use Spotify Connect with the Innuos Servers. This means the Innuos Server will be listed as a Spotify Connect device and you will use the Spotify app directly to play Spotify music to your Innuos Music Server
This article will describe how you can configure the Spotify plugin within LMS in order to be able to use Spotify Connect with your Innuos Music Server. This feature will not work if you have Roon enabled as the Roon mode deactivates LMS.
1. Go to my.innuos.com and access your server innuOS dashboard;
2. On the address bar of your browser, add “:9000/default/settings/index.html” at the end of the address (remove the quote marks). The address should look like this (bear in mind your server IP address will probably be different):
This should present you the following screen:
7. Find the plugin “Spotty” in the list of Active plugins and select Settings across to the right of the page
8. Once in Settings, the simplest setup procedure is to enter your Spotify username and password.
9. After entering the correct username and password, select Apply in the bottom-right corner once more.
If an incorrect username or password is entered, the page will remain looking the same and not change until the correct details are entered.
Please note it must be the username that is entered and not the account email address. Accounts created using a Facebook setup method may not work, and will require a separate procedure on Facebook to generate an official Spotify username to work properly on many 3rd party devices.
10. Click on the Plugins Tab on Top. This will show a list of plugins installed. There will be an entry there for Spotify. On that line, click on Settings;
11. You are now on the plugin configuration. Make sure your options look like the ones in the image below and make sure the music player box is ticked on the Spotify Connect section
12. We will now need to create a Spotify Client ID. Click on the “i” button just next to Spotify Client ID the click on the Spotify Developer Portal link. This will open a new window on the Spotify Portal;
13. Login on the Spotify Portal with your Spotify User and Password
14. Once logged in, please read the Spotify Developer Terms and Conditions if you haven’t done this before. To continue you will need to accept the terms and conditions. After that, click on Create an App
15. Give the app a name and description and tick the boxes to accept terms and conditions then click the Create button
16. Once created, the screen will display a Spotify Client ID. Please select and copy this number;
17. Paste the number on the Spotify Configuration screen and press the Apply button;
Done! Your Innuos Server should now be visible as a Spotify Connect device within the Spotify app.