The innuOS v2 system does not feature a full Spotify service integration (similar to TIDAL or Qobuz integrations). However the innuOS system does incorporate the Logitech Media Server (LMS) software which does allow to use of Spotify Connect with Innuos Servers by enabling a plugin. This means the Innuos Server will be accessed as a Spotify Connect device via the Spotify app and you are able to use it to play trough your Innuos Music Server. It will not work with the innuOS player or the Innuos Sense app unfortunately. This article describes how you can enable that plugin within LMS to enable the use of Spotify Connect.
- Innuos server/streamer updated with innuOS v2.0.x or higher;
- Spotify app working on a supported control device or computer;
- innuOS Roon server integration must be disabled;
- innuOS LMS server plugin supporting the Spotify service must be enabled.
How to enable the LMS Spotify plugin
1. The Spotify Connect service works through a dedicated plugin on the Logitech Media Server (LMS) server software within the innuOS system. You are required to enable and configure this plugin. Please refer to the following dedicated knowledge base article on how to access the LMS settings and the plugins page. When done come back to this one and follow the next steps.
Support KB > How-To > Managing the Server > Access the internal Logitech Media Server (LMS) Software Settings
2. Find the plugin “Spotty” in the list of Active plugins and select its Settings at the respective Spotty plugin entry line and across to the right of the page;
3. Once in the Spotty plugin Settings page please enter your Spotify account credentials (username and password). Please note it must be the Spotify own username and not the account associated email address or any Facebook associated account credentials;
4. After entering the correct username and password, select Apply in the bottom-right corner once more. If an incorrect username or password is entered, the page will remain identical as above waiting for the correct account credentials details are entered;
5. Go back tot LMS > Plugins page. Click on the Plugins tab on top. Enter again on the Spotty plugin Settings page;
6. You are now on the Spotty plugin configuration. Make sure your options look like the ones in the image below and make sure the music player box is ticked on the Spotify Connect section;
7. We will now need to create a Spotify Client ID. Click on the “i” button just next to Spotify Client ID the click on the Spotify Developer Portal link. This will open a new window on the Spotify Portal;
8. Login on the Spotify Portal with your Spotify User and Password
9. Once logged in, please read the Spotify Developer Terms and Conditions if you haven’t done this before. To continue you will need to accept the terms and conditions. After that, click on Create an App
10. Give the app a name and description and tick the boxes to accept terms and conditions then click the Create button
11. Once created, the screen will display a Spotify Client ID. Please select and copy this number;
12. Paste the number on the Spotify Configuration screen and press the Apply button;
Done! Your Innuos Server should now be visible as a Spotify Connect device within the Spotify app (on your control devices) and you should be able to connect and play to it.