Innuos Music Servers allow connecting to different types of music systems. Depending on the type of connection used, you will need different apps in order to browse and play music on your Music Server. Generally, there are 4 main options:
- Music Server connected directly to a Digital to Analog Converter (DAC);
- Music Server connected to UPnP Streamer(s) via Ethernet network;
- Music Server connected to Sonos Wireless Speakers;
- Music Server as a Roon Core or Roon Bridge.
1. Music Server connected directly to a DAC
If you have a DAC that can be connected via USB (all music servers models) or via digital S/PDIF (optical/coaxial) or analogue (RCA) outputs (ZENmini Mk.3 only) then you will be using your Innuos Music Server as a direct music player on your system. The new Innuos Sense app is our own free and supported remote control/player app and can be installed on your mobile devices (phone or tablet) with Android or iOS/iPadOS from their respective app stores:
- iOS/iPadOS (Apple iPhone/iPad) – Innuos Sense (Apple App Store – Free)
- Android (Phone or Tablet) – Innuos Sense (Google Play Store – Free)
- innuOS 2.0 Web UI – Using any modern and updated web browser (such as Chromium or Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox or Apple Safari in example) you can access the same UI as the Innuos Sense interface from any computer or device (connected on the same network as your server) by navigating to my.innuos.com and finding and opening your server’s dashboard.
2. Music Server connected to Streamer(s) via Ethernet network
If you are using a music streamer such as Auralic, Linn, Lumin, Naim, Moon and many others which connect to a UPnP Server, you will use the streamer’s recommended or native app to play music from the Innuos Server. The Innuos UPnP Server should automatically be listed as a UPnP source allowing you to access the music stored on the Music Server. Do note that any streaming server integrations must be provided by the streamer manufacturer’s app.
3. Music Server connected to SONOS Wireless Speakers
If using Sonos to play music from the Innuos Music Server then you will use the SONOS app. Make sure to configure the SONOS integration and you will be able to find your music under Music Library.
4. Music Server as a Roon Core or Roon Bridge
When using the Innuos Music Server as a Roon Core or Roon Bridge, you will now use the Roon app to browse, play and manage your music. The internal music library on innuOS as well as the UPnP Server will be disabled in order to avoid interference with Roon so you can’t use any of the above apps when the system is in Roon mode.